Learning Ladders Launched

by Reedz on May 23, 2008

Pics taken at yesterday afternoon’s launching of the Learning Ladders Society, a local non-profit organisation which augments the efforts of SMARTER Brunei by focusing on the early detection and intervention of Autism Spectrum Disorder. Her Royal Highness Pengiran Anak Isteri Pengiran Anak Sarah consented to grace the event. Also present were the Deputy Minister of Health, members of the diplomatic corp, senior officials from government and corporate sector, and other invited guests. Click here for Narissa Noor’s piece on the event, here for the Brunei Times article, and here for Pweshes Mama’s take.

IMG_8648 IMG_8679-1

One of the sponsors

HRH about to tour the mini exhibition

The wonderful group of volunteers who helped make the event a major success!

The ladies from CDC say, “Autism… Be Aware! Get Involved!”

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

Pweshes Mama May 23, 2008 at 10:43 am

Absolutely Beautiful photos R! Thanks so much and thanks again for coming and covering the event! Will keep in touch!

Tina May 23, 2008 at 1:34 pm

Hi, Reeda! Just thought I would fill you in on the Myanmar Cyclone Nargis Relief & Fundraising meself.

If you are interested, you can go to Wardrobes Inc.’s offline store right in front of Taurean Too Kopitiam. It’ll be on from this Friday to Sunday (23/5 – 25/5), also next week’s Friday to Sunday (30/5 – 1/6). From 10AM – 9PM. 20% of Wardrobes Inc.’s sales, and part of the proceeds will go to victims of Cyclone Nargis through Myanmar Embassy.

Visit Wardrobes Inc. for more information, but I think I’ve quite covered it. 😉

Thanks, Reeda! 🙂

anakbrunei May 23, 2008 at 9:44 pm

Pweshes Mama: Thank you. It was my pleasure. I wish LL all the very best and look forward to collaborating with LL and covering your future events!

anakbrunei May 23, 2008 at 9:46 pm

Tina: Thank you very much for the update! I’ll drop in tomorrow for sure! 😀

SMARTER Dad May 25, 2008 at 12:23 am

AB … lets go for makan … i owe you a soto or the other way round …just let me know k

cdah May 26, 2008 at 11:52 am