Ikhlas dan Sabar

by anakbrunei on July 31, 2008

Ayat-Ayat_Cinta

Despite it having some religious and moral undertones (there are many who see it is a religious movie), Ayat Ayat Cinta is first and foremost a love story which happens to be set in an Islamic environment. And what a beautiful love story it is. I was utterly taken by the cinematography, the storyline, and most of all, by the cast. If you haven’t been to watch it, don’t let the mushy title fool you. This is a gem of a movie in my book. So go watch it and tell me what you think!

This hauntingly beautiful theme song was the icing on the cake…

{ 11 comments… read them below or add one }

Billy July 31, 2008 at 1:11 pm

I read the book before watching the movie mate, and hate to say it, totally don’t like the movie at all.

anakbrunei July 31, 2008 at 1:31 pm

Billy: I think the book and the movie should be seen as separate entities and judged on their own merits. Its never easy to do a movie based on a book because every reader has different expectations. I guess I was lucky because I hadn’t read the book, hence I was not biased by it. Purely as a cinematographic experience, I absolutely loved it πŸ™‚

Tina July 31, 2008 at 2:55 pm

Watched it on DVD, and I loved it. Plan to watch it again at the cinema, so hopefully they don’t end the shows soon. πŸ˜€

Z_A July 31, 2008 at 8:12 pm

I could relate to both Maria and Nurul

itzme87 July 31, 2008 at 9:29 pm

Reeda, the book was recomended by one of our mutual friend sometimes early last year, after reading it, I ended buying about a dozen of it and giving it to friends, its a good novel , as for the movie itself, watch it (DVD) and though the movie didnt fully captured whats been put in the novel, nevertheless it did touched the heart of the viewers including me, I heard even the Indonesian President shed tears watching the movie, he enjoyed that movie so much he even invite few ambasaddors in Jakarta to watch it.

H August 1, 2008 at 3:18 pm

I agree.. the book and the movie should be treated separately.. I’ve not read the book but watching the movie sorta gave me the impression that the movie did not capture everything in the book as there were scenes that I didnt quite understand.. But I LOVE the movie nonetheless.. I’m not much of a cry’er but I was so touched by Aisya’s willingness to berkorban for her husband… *sigh*

I was not attracted by the title of the movie at first.. but when I read that Presiden SBY cried watching it.. I thought I should watch it.. Who am I to dismiss a movie that touched the heart of a President? =)

Lady28 August 2, 2008 at 6:33 pm

i’ve been searching for the novel, since few friends of mine commented they prefer the novel dari the movie. i watched the movie 4 moths ago, n totally love it! anyone know when to find it? i cant find it anywhere in kb =(

Dina August 2, 2008 at 10:21 pm

Salam Lady28, if you can’t find the book, you might be interested in downloading the the pdf file of Ayat-ayat Cinta from here.

I know it doesn’t really compare with having the solid novel in your hands but if you don’t mind having to scroll pages through pages on your laptop or computer, have a go~ Enjoy!

Lady28 August 3, 2008 at 10:51 pm

Dina, thank you so much =)

liahana August 4, 2008 at 2:27 pm

AB, while I could agree that the book and movies shall be treated as separate entities, but is is just inevitable that for someone who has read the book prior to watching the movie to have high expectations on the movie, hoping that the movie would capture the essence of the book. I read thebook before watching the movie and i must say that I was disappointed by the movie. The movie did not really capture the affection between Fahri and Aisya after they got married..in the movies they seem to be less harmonious than how they were portrayed in the book. The movie seems to make less sense particularly after Fahri married Maria when the book has portrayed differently. If you have read the book you would know what i mean.

Carol April 30, 2009 at 10:08 pm

Waduh-waduh, rupa-rupanya sudah lama ya filem ni ada di pasaran. Seperti yang gue ngeblogkan, memang nggak ada minat untuk nonton filem ini langsung…sampai bukunya di baca…wah terus minatnya datang penuh semangat πŸ™‚

Tapi ya, filemnya baik juga tapi, bukunya lagi harus dibaca. Harus seharus-harusnya – bukan hanya orang muslimin tapi juga sangat indah untuk dihayati orang-orang bukan muslim yang berfikiran terbuka. Ya, untuk lebih mengerti apa sebenarnya Islam, diterangkan dari cara yang sangat menarik hati.

Jadinya, ayuh deh, ke Perpustakaan Awam, pasti ada bukunya di sana. Baca ya, pasti nggak menyesal.