BID Group One International Convention took place last weekend in Geneva, Switzerland. The event included the presentation of the International Century Quality ERA Awards (CQE), this year the award was held at the InterContinental Convention Center, Geneva. Leaders of companies and institutions from 73 countries made the journey to Geneva to receive this distinction. The Award honors an organization’s merits in Total Quality Management (TQM) which includes leadership, innovation, quality, excellence,processes and good practices.
Jose E. Prieto, Executive President of BID, Business Initiative Directions presented the award and certificate to Pengiran Haji Mohd Suhaimi bin Pengiran Penggawa Laila Bentara Istiadat Diraja Dalam Istana Pengiran Haji Alauddin on behalf of Setia Motors Sdn Bhd in recognition of outstanding commitment to Quality and Excellence wIth merits. The International Century Quality ERA Award was evaluated in the realm of Leadership, Strategic Planning, Business Excellence, TQM implementation, Training, Quality, Profitability, Growth and Benchmarking as established in the QC100 TQM system.
Since 1986, companies in 178 countries around the world have implemented the technology of B.I.D QC100 Model in order to manage total quality. The symbol of B.I.D. adorns the corporate image of their companies as a seal of commitment to quality before their clients and the rest of their constituents.
The members of the international committee for selection of candidates are responsible for the selection of companies nominated for the BID CQE Award. The committee is made up of successful corporate leaders from more than 90 countries who meet annually in London, Paris, New York, Frankfurt, Moscow and Geneva.
Amongst the most outstanding companies from around the world that have received the award in the BID Convention since 1986 are:
- Turner Construction, the company which managed construction of the tallest building in the world, the Burj Khalifa Tower in Dubai;
- Alcoa Howmet Gennevilliers, the aeronautics division of France, belonging to Alcoa, the world’s leading producer of primary aluminium, ranked at 461 in the Fortune Global 500 with turnover of $5.2 billion USD;
- Reliance Industries Ltd, Hazira from India. Ranked 264 in the Fortune Global 500;
- Tata Auto Elxsi and VSNL Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd., part of the Tata Group, one of India’s largest and most respective business conglomerates;
- Indian Oil Corp. Ltd., ranked 125 in the Fortune Global 500;
- Khrunichev State Research and Production Space Center, which works for the Russian Space Agency;
- Walmex, subsidiary of Walmart, largest global retailer and #1 on the Fortune 500;
- King Fahd Industrial Port in Jubail, Saudi Arabia;
- Al-Yamamah Press Est “Al-Riyadh Newspaper”, Saudi Arabia;
- ICICI Bank Ltd, India
- Istanbul Natural Gas Distribution Co Inc – Turkey
- SAFCO and Saudi Iron & Steel Company (HADEED) – SABIC, ranked 293 in the Fortune Global 500
- ANKOL, Poland
- CBA Kereskedelmi KFT, Hungary
- LUMERO, Angola
- Alumina do Notre do Brasil S.A, Brazil
In the interview, Pg Hj Mohd Suhaimi commented that Setia Motors Sdn Bhd is committed to continue this Quality Culture with employees, suppliers, clients and the community, supported by the QC100 Total Quality Management Model, the principles of which have been practise by delivering Quality is a consequence of valuing customer satisfaction and obtaining positive business results.
To maintain and meet the quality levels established in the company in accordance with the QC 100 Points of Quality by encouragIng participation and teamwork for decision-making enabling to deliver clients and customer satisfaction and needs to meet their expectations.
This practice will continue to provide human resources, both technical and economics, to achieve continuous improvement and respect for the environment while simulataneously managing human resource in the company to achieve the maximum potential by creating awareness of the importance of concentration on the most profitable areas of activity, to achieve the best business results.
The achievement of these principles by Setia Motors Sdn Bhd will foster improvement for clients, employees, suppliers and all of the other persons who make up the company.